[MUD-Dev] Object Representations?

Phillip Lenhardt philen at monkey.org
Tue Aug 22 15:53:52 CEST 2000

On Tue, Aug 22, 2000 at 12:23:49AM -0700, Lazarus wrote:
> May I suggest you take a look at MXP?  Zugg has created a Mud eXtenson
> Protocol to allow you to indicate specific parts of text of interest as well
> as provide multi-media objects.  Docs can probably be found at
> http://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/mxp.htm

MXP is, in a word, terrible.

It is full of statements like "Telnet is the basis of most Internet
protocols (FTP, HTML, SMTP, etc)" and generally lacks the rigorous
language necessary for a technical document.  It lumps the line
protocol and the data format together.  It makes a weak attempt to
format data in a printable ascii markup language, but also adds in
non-printable sequences for "efficiency". Etc, etc.