[MUD-Dev] an opportunity

Matthew Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Mon Aug 14 21:13:19 CEST 2000

Hi.

Geoffrey MacDougall and I are currently working on the 7th World Summit of
Young Entrepreneurs of the United Nations - taking place between the 28th
of August and the 1st of September, at the World Trade Center in New
York.

More info can be found at www.ildglobal.org < http://www.ildglobal.org

This year, we're initiating a new aspect of the event - the E-Summit. It's
a gathering of ~500 young (under 42) entrepreneurs from around the world
using a custom client written by Achaea LLC, and mud server code running
on Achaea LLC's Vortex engine. It is running along with the real, physical
summit, to provide a way for entrepreneurs who unable to attend the Summit
to participate, and to negotiate and sign Memorandums of Understanding to
facilitate the formation of international joint ventures.

We are now at the stage where we need to recruit admins to staff the
E-Summit. As this is essentially a mud used for business purposes, I felt
that this list might be a good place to recruit staff. The work would be
on a volunteer basis - and everyone involved would be provided with a
letter of reference explaining what they did.  The event is pretty
high-end, with partners such as BP/Amoco, Xerox, IBM, The United Nations
Council on Trade and Development, The Prince of Wales Business Leaders
Forum, Pan American Corp., the Organization of American States, the Bank
of Montreal, and numerous other high-end governmental and private sector
organizations.

What volunteers would be doing is monitoring the various areas of the
E-summit and performing basic customer service (answering questions, etc)
and administrative (controlling any unruly participants, enforcing the
English-only rule, etc) functions. We have the greatest need for people
who can be available from 9 am EST to 9 pm EST, or a significant chunk
thereof, from the 28th of August to the 1st of September.

You would be off-site, and reporting to either myself or one of my staff.
Volunteers must be over 21, diplomatic and polite (you will be dealing
with people from a great diversity of cultures), and preferably interested
in the subject matter of the event either professionally or academically
(international joint ventures and business development).

If any of you are interested, or know of any of your senior guides who
would be interested, please e-mail me at resumes at achaea.com. <
mailto:resumes at achaea.com. Please include a resume or a link to a web page
that has yours on it. A couple references whom I could contact via e-mail
would be appreciated too.

Thanks!
--matt