[MUD-Dev] MUD Wimping

Chris Turner christ at rd.bbc.co.uk
Sun Aug 6 20:15:25 CEST 2000

On Sun, 6 Aug 2000, KevinL wrote:

> Probably only fits if this sort of thing is going on around the players
> anyway.  Which reminds me, how many muds have NPC's that loot player corpses?
> Any opinion on that?

I once coded (for a Circle mud I think) a whole race of Drow who amongst
other things would loot corpses.  That is, any corpse they found including
other NPCs.  The fact that they also attacked "good" NPCs, thus resulting in
more corpses is beside the point, but it did mean that after a while they
would end up wearing/using lots of really cool equipment.

Personally I don't see any problem with it at all - why should NPCs be
treated like they're stars in a US sitcom - ie wooden & stupid?  They should
at least get some reward for slaughtering all the fools that attack them.

Chris