[MUD-Dev] Roleplaying vs Immersion

Miroslav Silovic silovic at zesoi.fer.hr
Tue Aug 1 22:25:32 CEST 2000

Matthew Mihaly <the_logos at achaea.com> writes:

> > I'd also be curious how to implement/police this without being draconian.
> > Can you?
>
> I don't believe you can, though of course, you can't prove a negative.

My argument is that you generally don't have to - cheaters can't cheat
forever, and measures directed to control the player population
generally intrude on roleplaying (in my experience, that is).

In addition, note that improving roleplay -can- harm immersion, and
vice versa. You really have to decide what is your game's priority
(remember the meta-golden rule of gaming: Have Fun!)

--
How to eff the ineffable?