[MUD-Dev] The Player Wimping Guidebook

Jeremy Noetzelman jjn at peoplelink.com
Tue Aug 1 10:07:59 CEST 2000

In fact, we (I'm an Implementor on Duris) have a player wipe on an annual
basis.  It's a known quantity, and people bitch and whine that they're
going to quit, but 90% of them come back for more.  We generally wipe when
one side has clearly 'won' ... and after each wipe, the balance of power
comes out a bit differently, and new players have more of a chance to
influence things.

For those of you who don't know what Duris is, we're a Racewars style
PKill MUD.

Jeremy