[MUD-Dev] [Meta] Ex-Origin Employees to new Verant studio

Eli Stevens wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com
Sat Apr 22 11:13:20 CEST 2000

While poking around on gamespot, I saw this and thought, "MUD-Dev minds want
to know."  So, anyone not under a a NDA care to comment?  (hate to pick on
you Raph, but... ;)
--- Start Cut ---

GameSpot News
Verant Goes to Texas

This morning, San Diego, California-based Verant announced that it opened up
a studio in Austin, Texas, and staffed it largely with Origin employees who
were previously responsible for Ultima Online. The initial employees in
Verant's Austin office include former UO producer Rich Vogel, former UO lead
designer Raph Koster, former Digital Anvil art director Jake Rodgers, and
former lead developer for Wing Commander, Anthony Sommers.

"I am very pleased to see Verant continue to grow and expand," said John
Smedley, president and CEO of Verant. "This new studio complements the
recent opening of our St. Louis studio."

Verant is currently working on Sovereign and Star Wars Online and continues
to support EverQuest. It's not known what game the group of developers at
the Verant office in Austin are working on.

By Amer Ajami, GameSpot

--- End Cut ---

<//> Silence is golden           RUIN, v.  To destroy.            <\\>
 ||  Eli                         Specifically, to destroy a maid's ||
 ||  wickedgrey at wickedgrey.com   belief in the virtue of maids.    ||
<\\> www.wickedgrey.com            -- Ambrose Bierce              <//>