[MUD-Dev] RE: [Meta] other activities

Raph Koster rkoster at austin.rr.com
Tue Apr 11 17:08:32 CEST 2000

I didn't realize you were in Dallas!

There are other mud-dev folks and interested folks in the area, yes. Dr Cat,
the Wombat Games guys (Todd McKimmey has been a moderately active poster
lately on mud-dev), the UO2 guys who include a bunch of ex-Simutronics
folks, Jonathan Baron, and the UO guys.

> On an almost completely unrelated note:
>
> Our players are having a RL get-together in DC.  That's a pretty
> frightening thought.  Anyone else ever go to a player gathering?  I mean,
> for a small mud.  I try not to even meet the players in-game, unless they
> don't know its me.  Not sure what to make of meeting them face-to-face.

LegendMUD has been doing them for years. If the pattern holds true, expect
everyone to scatter into little cliques and tell endless boring stories
about each other's adventures and who is having tinysex with who. And that's
it. They may fawn on you a little bit, and a couple may get aggressive about
questioning a design decision or two.

-Raph