[MUD-Dev] Fw: 16K mud server competition !

Todd McKimmey rufus at wombatgames.com
Mon Apr 10 17:18:06 CEST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Derek Snider" <derek at idirect.com>
To: <mud-dev at kanga.nu>
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 11:25 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [MUD-Dev] Fw: 16K mud server competition !

> What's the smallest size that anyone's been able to get MUD networking
> code down to? (Written in C or C++)  Does it include buffered
input/output?
> Full error checking?   ...just curious...  I feel that the networking code
> is going to take up around 4K of valuable space... unless I'm way off.

I'm not sure about the smallest size, but in my server code (from now on out
I'll refer to it as SUSHIMud since that's what we've decided to call the
code base -- don't ask =) The network code with some nice buffering input,
multiple connection states, color support, etc takes up about 28K (in c++)
and my commenting is *sparse* to say the least. Probably not done the best
way, but I think if I had to try and fit it in around 4K it would lose a lot
of its features.

-Ruf