[MUD-Dev] Multilevel server concept

Tochiro asuka at redconnect.net
Thu Apr 6 15:40:26 CEST 2000

Draymoor wrote:

> B: It contains it's own game loop in which it can keep players if the world
> server is down for reboot or crashes. This keeps the player's connections
> alive and gives them somewhere to talk to each other.

I suppose if one of the router servers goes down then it would result in
something much to the tune of a net split on IRC.  If you add a custom coded
client to the picture, however,  it could automaticly connect to the next router
server on the list with the least amount of lag.

.tochiro
--
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature to help me
spread!