[MUD-Dev] Mobiles AI and automation

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Wed Sep 22 12:23:53 CEST 1999

On Wed, 22 Sep 1999, Crystalmir wrote:

> Hi, i am planning to do bots and robots to
> handle specific tasks on my mud, such a
> making a 'newbie welcome program'(the first thing
> you get on Avalon). A touristic guide, as well
> as more intelligent mobiles.
>
> Well, i would like to know if someone already did
> that and could share source code, if there are
> source code somewhere, or if you have any ideas

We've got a newbie welcome program and, like avalon's, it's got not a
whole lot to do with the actual mobiles. They may be there to guide you
and speak to you, but they really are just decorations. The code that
drives the introductions just makes various mobiles interact with you in
order to make it feel more interesting.
--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu