[MUD-Dev] Dynamic muds

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Tue Sep 21 05:47:00 CEST 1999

ryan wrote:
> this is aimed at people who build lots of areas for muds. Are truly dynamic
> rooms, in your opinion, worth spending the extra
> effort? In dynamic, I mean that the description changes with day/night,
> seasons, etc. It obviously requires extra work, but not an

Actually, truly dynamic descriptions would have to be generated by the
game system. As such, they'd involve much less work for builders. Check
the archives for more info. There've been at least one or two good
threads on the subject. Another thing worth considering is the
elimination of builders entirely--for that, see the "self-organizing
worlds" threads.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu