[MUD-Dev] The Best Guy on the Mud Thing

Ilya Ilya
Tue Sep 14 16:38:35 CEST 1999

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 18:28:05 GMT, Dundee wrote:

))
))My goal was to use a relative-to-everyone-else skill measure without having
))offline characters decay.
))
))I wasn't thinking of handicapping frequent players.  I just don't think
))your character should rot just because you play less, or for that matter go
))on vacation.
))

Well, I guess Ola and I will just waltz off on our own little tangent here
(blush).  If your comments were all within the context of skill decay, then
mine don't apply.

If skill decay is indeed the context, why exactly does playing less or
being away on vacation turn into a problem anyway?  Because skills decay
even when the character is not playing?

--
  Ilya, Game Commandos     http://www.gamecommandos.com

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu