[MUD-Dev] An Introduction

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Sat Sep 11 02:12:16 CEST 1999

Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

> On 05:19 PM 9/7/1999 -0700, I personally witnessed Hess, Ian (Ian) *CTR*
> jumping up to say:
> >
> >       Should a designer attempt to curtail "dark" content (as might be
> >found in a story or atmosphere driven Cthulhu, Masquerade, or perhaps Kult
> >tabletop RPG) for either reasons of limiting the prospective audience, or
> >the difficulties in verifying the age of the players?
>
> Personally, I would say no. While there is a vast array of horror games out
> there, most of them suck. I am *starved* for a really, really GOOD
> horror-themed game. I don't think I'm alone in this. I would note, however,
> that good horror is hard in *any* setting... let alone a nonlinear and/or
> freely explored setting.

I'd like to see a good western. The hard part is providing something fun
to do without requiring hand-made quests or violating the western theme
by allowing people to kill by the hundreds the way we do on
fantasy-themed muds. There just isn't enough room for a couple hundred
gunfighters in one western town.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
Conspiracy theorists mistakenly assume others think before acting.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu