[MUD-Dev] The Relationship between pkers and monster AI?

Solmyr of the Azure Star solmyr at kolumbus.fi
Sat Sep 11 01:30:42 CEST 1999

"Sellers, Michael" wrote:

> Can you give us a run-down on how the justice system works?  How effective
> are the penalties?

Well, in general, to prove a murder you need witnesses. Clerics can also
determine the cause of death from a corpse, I think. So, a well-planned
murder might well succeed, while random pking will probably be soon
discovered. If a murderer is found guilty (by judges who are players),
he may face various penalties from hefty fines to death. I don't really
know many details since I haven't been involved much, but I can tell you
that pking in Threshold happens *very* seldom, and is normally limited
to agreed-upon duels or carefully planned and executed IN-CHARACTER
murders. Which is what I think pking should be - in-character.

--
Aleksei Andrievski
solmyr at kolumbus.fi
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Fortress/2198/index.html