[MUD-Dev] The Relationship between pkers and monster AI?

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Fri Sep 10 15:31:18 CEST 1999

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Mik Clarke wrote:

> Hmmm. Prehaps PKing should set the premadeath flag for the killer (with
> some fairly involved process for getting it turned back on again). And
> maybe there should be a few extra monsters that seek out pkillers as
> they
> obviously aren't getting enough fun out of the mud...

My major problem with automatic punishments for PKing is that sometimes
people deserve it. I don't see why a knight, for instance, should be
punished for hunting down and killing someone who has violated the honour
of a lady, or himself. I don't even protect newbies from being P-killed in
Achaea. If a newbie has a smart-ass mouth and is insulting someone, he
deserves to be brutalized, I feel, if that sort of vengeance is part of
the insulted's character profile.

> Actually, given my 'equal right for NPCs stance', this should probably
> apply to most peaceful mobs as well.

Yeah, I always want to demand equal rights for NPCs, but the fact is, NPCs
don't quit the game if they feel they are getting screwed over.
--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu