[MUD-Dev] Skill Power vs Skill Rarity

Philip Loguinov -- Draymoor fibhufky at erols.com
Wed Sep 8 08:18:27 CEST 1999

I've been toying arround with the idea of skill power and rarity. Basicly,
can skill or spell power be counteracted effectively enough by making it
hard to learn, cast (rare spell components), and/or dangerous to the user (A
spell that drains HP or stats until the caster has rested enough).
I think that it can, but i haven't seen it in action. I'd like to know from
people who actually have tested something like this against players, can it
work or do players find a way to exploit it anyway?

Philip Loguinov
-Draymoor
    -Brought to you by the commitee to legalize murder, burglury, and highly
dangerous mobs.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu