[MUD-Dev] Game design and gender: An interesting article

Willowreed at aol.com Willowreed at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 18:22:36 CEST 1999

In a message dated 9/4/1999 3:27:31 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
caliban at darklock.com writes:

>  >I think this is true to some extent for both boys and girls...
>
>  Certainly. However, a good game with bad graphics will usually be just fine
>  with boys, and boys tend to be more accepting of technical flaws.

I disagree.  the men/boys/male humans that i know that play games tend to be
highly intolerant of flaws and bad graphics.  it may be due to that the
majority of men that I know are programmers or systems engineers...

Myself, I don't really care about the graphics too much if I like the game,
but good graphics are indeed more fun.

The majority of people I have run into on the various MOO's (I have no
experience with MUD's at all, just MOO's) were men.  I don't like that huge
gender gap to be honest.

wils, geekwoman

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu