[MUD-Dev] Affect of personalizing cannon fodder mobs

Chris Turner christ at rd.bbc.co.uk
Fri Oct 15 14:27:34 CEST 1999

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> I think naming your mass mobs is a neat idea personally. We name the
> majority of our sentient mobs, but we do have areas with "goblin miners"
> or whatnot, and this is boring. Having unique names would be fun. My only
> complaint (and realism isn't a big issue for me) is that it seems a little
> weird for an adventurer to know the name of every single one of that horde
> of drooling kobolds.

It's no different to him knowing the names of all the players.  If you
want realism or just something that isn't weird, you could do no worse
than to have everyone shown with a brief description rather than a name
and maybe if they get introduced then it can use a name.

Chris
--
christ at rd.bbc.co.uk   #include <stddisclaimer.h>   http://www.fysh.org/~maddy

   "So this is really me? A no-style gimbo with teeth druids could use as a
       place of worship" - Duaine Dibley (Red Dwarf - "Back to Reality")

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu