[MUD-Dev] code base inquiry

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Thu Nov 18 14:57:24 CET 1999

On Wed, 17 Nov 1999 18:57:10 +1300
Ian Macintosh <iman at issystems.co.nz> wrote:

> I noticed something interesting about Lambda (the implementation).
> It appears to hold the world record for popularity in text based
> VR systems (dump all mud, moo, mush, etc under that banner).  It
> seems to average around 200 - 250 simultaneous users most of the
> day, and I've never seen less that 100 users on it at any one
> time.  Correct that statment if you know otherwise :-)

I played LambdaMOO back in the early '90s, mostly around '91 - '92,
shortly before its heyday and all the press attention IIRC.  At that
time midday numbers were around 100 - 150.  Mid-evening numbers were
~300, and wee-hour of the morning numbers were still above 100.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu