[MUD-Dev] code base inquiry

cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
Wed Nov 17 19:19:32 CET 1999

[Travis S. Casey:]
> With an LP, you'd still need a mudlib.  The two mudlibs for DGD may be
> licensable, but I'm not sure.  However, writing a mudlib isn't as
> difficult as writing a mud from scratch.

I think I disagree with that. Writing a server is basically a finite task.
Once it does everything you need it to do, you can go down into a
maintainance mode. The mudlib and the world can be open-ended, however -
people continually add new stuff. Even if those additions don't normally
affect the core of the mudlib, there are likely to be ongoing changes.
If a MUD doesn't keep changing, doesn't it risk stagnation?

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu