[MUD-Dev] Neverwinter Nights

Dundee SkeptAck at antisocial.com
Thu Nov 11 18:51:38 CET 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:08:07 -0600 Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:29:51 CST, =
"Koster,
Raph" <rkoster at origin.ea.com> wrote:

> So, who's been following Neverwinter Nights (the new one)?
>=20
>   http://www.neverwinternights.com
>=20
> If you're familiar with it, how do you feel about it in the context of =
this
> post?
>=20
>   http://www.kanga.nu/archives/MUD-Dev-L/1998Q3/msg01274.html

I feel like it's a mud, or could be, depending on whether you choose to =
run
it in persistent world mode.

As I understand it, you will be able to play the thing solo/offline and
follow the prepackaged plot until you "win" and then delete the thing, =
which
wouldn't be very mud'ish.

But then I consider our private UO shard thingie a mud, too, and when NWN
comes out, we'll consider switching software from POL to NWN.

I think, if we're a mud, and we can replace our software with NWN, then =
that
would make NWN some mud software, too.

'Course, if their scripting language lives up to the hype, it could also =
be
very Quakish, Diabloish, CRPG'ish ("you win! now logout and never come =
back")
or whatever else people can dream up. So I guess it would depend on the
implementation.

--=20
http://dundee.uong.com/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu