[MUD-Dev] players who "take away from the game"

J C Lawrence claw at cp.net
Wed Nov 10 11:20:58 CET 1999

On Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:01:54 -0800 (PST)
Matthew Mihaly <diablo at best.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Sep 1999, Philip Loguinov -- Draymoor wrote:

>> This is totally untrue and I resent it, along with a couple other
>> comments implying that teenagers aren't able to be mature (Though
>> I do have to agree that many teenage boys are horribly
>> immature).

> Sorry, but you're wrong. It IS true. 99% of all my problem players
> have been teenage boys, and they account for virtually none of our
> revenue.

Let's clarify here: This is a game of statistics.  One can argue
endlessly as to the bahviour of the majority of teenagers found on
any particular game.  The important point to realise is that this
does not comment on the behaviour of all teenagers, the behaviour of
any specific individual teenager, or even the behaviour of teenagers
on any other specific game.  Remember: Given a bell curve something
has to populate the fringes of the bell.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                            Internet: coder at kanga.nu
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu