[MUD-Dev] Physics

Niklas Elmqvist d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se
Wed Nov 3 07:29:21 CET 1999

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Laurel Fan wrote:

[snip]

> Of course, this doesn't actually exist yet, but AFAIK there aren't any
> commercial 3d MUDs either...

Yes there are. Take a look at Sony's EverQuest and Microsoft's/Turbine's
Asheron's Call. Both of them are quite popular and attract large numbers
of players. Of the two, EverQuest is the "oldest" by six months or so--AC
just moved out of beta two weeks ago, an event preceded by a true
Armageddon experience when a huge comet slammed into the world (I know, I
was there...).

/Nick

-- Niklas Elmqvist (d97elm at dtek.chalmers.se) ----------------------
  "One of the universal rules of happiness is: always be wary of any
   helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."
           -- Terry Pratchett, Jingo

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu