[MUD-Dev] Physics

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 2 17:58:17 CET 1999

Excerpts from muddev: 2-Nov-99 [MUD-Dev] Physics by =?iso-8859-1?Q?Gr=F at ifi.
> What can we expect from the next generation of (commercial) MUDs with this
> drive towards physics based systems and the availability of hardware
> rendering?  Will it matter at all conceptually, given the horrible LAG and
> BANDWIDTH problems, or will it just become a client side eye-candy thing?

Commercial MUDs aren't the only ones trying to use physics models :).
Check out http://www.worldforge.org, or more specifically,
http://www.worldforge.org/website/servers/stage/orion/ for the
physics-model part, and
http://www.worldforge.org/website/clients/xclient/ for the 3d client.

Of course, this doesn't actually exist yet, but AFAIK there aren't any
commercial 3d MUDs either...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu