[MUD-Dev] [TECHNICAL] How to generate pre-processor output (template problem).

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Thu May 27 21:08:28 CEST 1999

I added a cute little templated array class, and everything works like a charm
on my egcs RH 6.0 Linux box.  However, my primary mud server is BSD, and it's
compiler is g++ 2.7.2.  It gets all the way to the end and then complains about
a missing symbol (*puke*).  To add to the fun, its mangled so badly I haven't a
real clue what it really is supposed to be.  Also, I have neither root nor the
permission to install a new compiler or any other useful software
on the BSD box.

The interesting thing is that it is listed as line 905 in a .h file that
contains only about 100 lines.  I imagine that is because the #include
that pulls in the template class....

So the question is, anyone know how to get the compiler to spit out the
pre-processed code so I can take a look at what line it's complaining about?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu