[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Emil Eifrem emil at prophecy.lu
Wed May 12 22:39:51 CEST 1999

At 08:39 AM 5/8/99 , Matthew Mihaly wrote:
>[Emil Eifrem:]
>>You'd all probably laugh anyway. ;)
>
>Some of us (me) would laugh only because we'd have no idea what you're
>talking about! Jargon I don't understand always makes me laugh (that's not
>a rip on you....I just don't know how to program in anything but the custom
>language I use).

Oh, I pretty much don't understand it either. I'm just throwing around
phrases that I picked up on the DevMUD list or in one of its original
threads here on MUD-Dev. :)

What is it with everyone and custom languages? I must've missed something
big about the whole idea cause it seems like everyone uses a self-built
language nowadays while I'm stuck (but loving it) with standard programming
langs.

[ - - - -
Emil Eifrem [emil at prophecy.lu || www.prophecy.lu/~emil]
Implementor of Prophecy [telnet://mud.prophecy.lu:4000]
Coordinator of the Jamu effort [http://www.javamud.org]
                                              - - - - ]

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu