[MUD-Dev] Blending graphics with text

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed May 12 00:45:40 CEST 1999

On 06:25 PM 5/11/99 -0700, I personally witnessed J C Lawrence jumping up
to say:

>In my old Shades days I rebound the numeric pad to
>N/NE/E/SE/S/SW/W/NW/N with INS and DEL acting as U/D.  It worked
>fairly well.

I *currently* use the keypad's + and enter for up and down. SInce I mainly
play MUSHes, I also bind / for +who, * for +where, and - for +time on the
numeric keypad. Ins is "out", del is "look", and 5 is "home".  I have an
alternate keypad layout which turns the directional keypad 45 degrees to
the left, since my favorite MUSH is set in New Orleans' French Quarter...
where the streets run diagonally, and all the visual game maps have North
pointing up and to the left.

>My current toy is a 360 degree view with center
>field representing straight ahead and each end of the pane
>representing directly behind you.

I used to do this in Quake. It was pretty cool once you got used to it.

-----

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu