[MUD-Dev] Custom Server Roll Call?

Adam Wiggins adam at angel.com
Mon May 10 11:29:32 CEST 1999

On Thu, 6 May 1999, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> This should be a snap, really, to provide support for the blind to ALL
> existing telnet text-based muds.
> [...]

There was a blind mudder who played on a few of the same muds I did a
few years back.  Probably the funniest thing to me was that is favorite
mud was AnotherMUD, one of those spammiest muds ever.  (A combat round often
comprised several pages of text with large groups.)  Apparently he got REALLY
good with setting up gags.

He also used to have quite a bit of fun with the whole blindness spell thing.
One of his favorite cracks, of course, was, "'You are blind.' no kidding!
thanks for reminding me!" after something blinded him (pretty common on that
mud).  He also complained, half-jokingly, that the blind effect was
'unrealistic' because there was no 'feel' command.  "come on, if that's
really how it was I'd be a useless lump of flesh" he'd say.

Long story short, I think is, that if you make your mud a traditional
text-based/telnet accessable one, someone with the same equipment that guy
had should be able to play it.

Adam W.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu