[MUD-Dev] Re: pet peeves

David Bennett ddt at discworld.imaginary.com
Thu Mar 18 16:31:41 CET 1999

On 3/16/99, at 4:01 PM, Benjamin D. Wiechel wrote:

>The difference is, the part that I found rather arrogant was not the not
>granting of powers, but rather, the arrogance of not even being willing
>to talk with the person, simply because they logged on as a newbie and
>identified themselves as a fellow coder/admin.  I would not hand out the
>keys without getting to know the person, but I think it a sore loss to not
>take the time to even converse with them for the reason that they didn't
>fit your specific protocol for saying hello.

Mostly, I don't have the time to talk to these people.  I am busy enough as
it is (when I am logged on).  Why should I take time out to talk to
everyone that logs on and claims to be an admin/whatever elsewhere?

Plus the fact that I am rarely ever even visible to players anyway :)
Mostly if I do end up putting someone in the fluffy domain or talking to
someone about a specific thing it will be because someone else has
recomended this to me and already done all the preliminary checking.

Unseen!  Unseen!
David.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu