[MUD-Dev] Mass Creation OLC Functions (idea from Elder Games)

Wes Connell wconnell at adhesive.com
Tue Mar 16 14:23:46 CET 1999

After posting about my shadowrun mud idea, I started thinking about it a
little more. How about an OLC function that creates the foundation for an
area. Uses recursion and whatnot to create the rooms and exits then
populate the area with mobjects and descriptions based on the area type.

prompt> create area desert west

This would create a desert-type area to the west.

Why stop there? Why not have an input file of say a 20x20 grid and create
an entire world.

I'll use a 5x5 grid as example

D D D D D     D = desert
D D F F F     F = forest
D F F F F     U = urban
F U U F F
F U U U F

Anyone following me? You could even use an algorithm to generate the world
grid for you so you can have a new world with each boot or whatever.

=]

Wes!
wconnell at adhesive.com
Performance:
	A statement of the speed at which a computer system works.  Or
	rather, might work under certain circumstances.  Or was rumored
	to be working over in Jersey about a month ago.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu