[MUD-Dev] Elder Games

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Sat Mar 13 00:31:40 CET 1999

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Martin C Sweitzer wrote:

> Specifically you have 0 to N-1 levels and once you get to the maxLevel
> you have this uber character that needs something to do.  Artificially
> increasing the number of levels for this new set of characters seems
> twinky to me.  There are other obvious things you can do also but are
> still not wonderfully great.
>

> What things have people used successgully?

Well, and I don't intend for this to come off flippantly, but what you are
describing is only a problem if a game is so one-dimensional that the only
goals to achieve are levels. I thik the things people have used
successfully are too numerous to detail, but they boil down to making the
game multi-dimensional.
--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu