[MUD-Dev] Re[2]: [MUD-Dev] thoughts on game economies

Matthew Mihaly diablo at best.com
Mon Jun 21 10:44:50 CEST 1999

On Sat, 19 Jun 1999, Greg Miller wrote:

> I believe AberMUDs still behave this way typically. Ancient Anguish
> operates this way, and I've come to like it quite a bit. It's not
> popular with newbies, but it allows for extremely powerful unique items
> without serious balance problems, when combined with reboots every 25
> hours.

Why be so heavy-handed about it though? If your object is just to allow
for extremely powerful unique items that disappear from players, then why
not just have the extremely powerful unique items disappear when they log
out. Or, have some sort of in-role reason. Perhaps these artifacts are
simply too powerful for mortal-kind to hold onto for any period of time,
and bad things start happening if they hold onto them too long.
--matt

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu