[MUD-Dev] i got's a question for yall on the best way to do something..

PartyG2816 at aol.com PartyG2816 at aol.com
Thu Jun 17 02:55:02 CEST 1999

Ok, any of yall familiar with the ROM code base? Tis a text based mud. Well,
they handle character creation via this big, ugly, confusing state machine..
Hard as hell to find stuff in, and just a bitch to look at.   Well, I've
finally got around to starting my own mud in C++, tired of modifying ROM's
and Oblivions yadda yadda, and gotten to the point where I need to figure out
a way to handle this.. The only way I know of doing it is via a big ugly
state machine like ROM and most of the other's that I've seen use.. Mainly
the Diku derivatives.  What are some other ways a person might go about doing
it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.. And if you need more info on
what I'm talking about, just ask and I'll try to supply ;-)

Thanx,
JD

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu