[MUD-Dev] Properties of computer languages

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Jun 16 22:31:47 CEST 1999

I'm in the process of redesigning the macro language of my game, and I
recall seeing at one time a list... a very short list... of things that a
computer language absolutely required. Sort of a bare-bones "what you need
to do everything you need to do in any given program". Two of the things on
the list were conditionals (if/then/else) and iteration (for/next and
do/while). There were either two or three other things listed, but I don't
remember what they were. Does anyone here have a memory spark going off as
to what list I'm talking about and where I can find it? I think one of the
other things was something along the lines of subroutine/function declaration.

-----

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu