[MUD-Dev] ADMIN: Searching on MUD-Dev archives

claw at kanga.nu claw at kanga.nu
Sun Jun 13 21:19:57 CEST 1999

Writing as list owner:

  It seems that there are bugs with WebGlimpse when the total number
of documents passes a little more than 10,000.  Bad things happen at
that point that I'm not prepared to ultimately diagnose and fix (ie
I dug for a bit and didn't see why), and we're just about to pass
11,000 total messages in the MUD-Dev archives.

  Ergo, it looks like I'm going to replace WebGlimpse with HT://Dig.
<sigh> Less features, but appears to scale reasonably.  I'll post
again once I have it set up and running happily.

J C Lawrence                              Internet: claw at kanga.nu
----------(*)                       Internet: claw at varesearch.com
...Honorary Member of Clan McFud -- Teamer's Avenging Monolith...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu