[MUD-Dev] Re: Game Economies

Shawn Halpenny malachai at iname.com
Fri Jun 11 12:23:36 CEST 1999

On Fri, Jun 11, 1999 at 02:04:35AM +0000, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
> On 10 Jun 99,, Matthew Mihaly wrote:
> > Also keep in mind that rarely is any significant segment of the population
> > interested in anything that is significantly ground-breaking (witness the
> > endless parade of movies with the same plots, that still make tons of
> > money, or the popularity of DIKU muds).
> >

> It has been said that there are really only 36 plots.  And everything
> else is a remake.  For instance, the original 'Star Wars' was yet another
> remake of 'Le Morte de Artur'.

I'd love a reference for this!  And if there are only 36 plots, one would
think it straightforward to write a storytelling engine to "play" them
out and have your game work within them... <kof>

--
Shawn Halpenny |        Maniacal at I Ache, Ohm    |  "Universal Danger!"
               | vi:G3kfM~lxfAPXh~l~2x2FirllpfcxlrifaprmfOX~Xp2hr.lrcelyl2p
- - - - - - - -|    fU~X~refsPprnlxppri2lxlpr,pFrpprrfaPlpfiprgllxp~3Xlp3l4x

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu