[MUD-Dev] memory and speed

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Thu Jun 10 22:10:45 CEST 1999

Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> We tripled our memory today, from 128 megs to 384 megs, but we seem to
> actually have slowed down. In fact, adding more memory has definitely
> slowed us down. Some tasks are taking nearly twice as long as before. This
> is extremely upsetting, to say the least. Anyone have any ideas?
>
> --matt

What OS/Kernel?  Old linux kernels had this problem...but I believe it has
been fixed for a while now.  If yer not running Linux, then I probably
don't have much info of use :)

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://scry.wanfear.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  scry.wanfear.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu