[MUD-Dev] Game Economies

J C Lawrence claw at varesearch.com
Thu Jun 10 18:49:18 CEST 1999

On Mon, 07 Jun 1999 17:07:52 -0600
Neill Dang <Timothy> wrote:

> NPC shopkeepers should not be thought of as a participants in the
> game's economy unless you're willing to invest heavily in AI
> development.

I'm not sure I agree.  The typical simplistic view of NPC merchents
is to ignore supply chain mechanics and prediction.  I don't really
see why -- its not *that* hard a problem to solve with a decent
message passing based protocol for NPC interactions (requests,
orders, fulfilments, status updates, etc).

J C Lawrence                                   Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                Linux/IA64 - Work: claw at varesearch.com
 ... Beware of cromagnons wearing chewing gum and palm pilots ...

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu