[MUD-Dev] Text Parsing

Wed Jun 9 19:40:39 CEST 1999

[Matthew Mihaly:]

> Can anyone tell me if this seems normal to you?

100 seems low to me. What kind of machine do you run on? What language
is your server written in? Are you sure its not a communications problem,
in that your link to the internet isn't fast enough?

The main advice that has been given here in the past is to profile your
code. If it's C or C++ code, compile it with -p or -pg flags, and run it
for a while. Collect the results and see where all of your time is going.
Let us know the results, and I'm sure lots of further advice will
follow from there.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu