[MUD-Dev] Gender and Mud Development (back on topic, some)

Greg Miller gmiller at classic-games.com
Wed Jun 9 17:42:09 CEST 1999

Katrina McClelan wrote:
> that will tend towards a berserker mentality.  Bringing it back to a mud
> level, when is the last time you saw a mud let you use illusions, traps,
> and tactical combat for handling monsters instead of brute force?  And

Oooohhh... deeepppttthhh...

> Another note is that a lot of muds, you go out and beat on monsters for
> the sake of beating on them.  Gamers I've played with are all for hunting
> down the ogres that have been terrorizing the locals, but not for

Which reminds me of something that was planned for Kingdoms At War,
which never opened (AFAIK)... They planned to have NPCs (ogres, trolls,
elves, etc) make organized attacks on the home cities from time to time.
--
http://www.classic-games.com/
President Clinton was acquitted; then again, so was O. J. Simpson.

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu