[MUD-Dev] realism

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Mon Jun 7 19:24:06 CEST 1999

On 07:50 PM 6/7/99 +0100, I personally witnessed Marian Griffith jumping up
to say:

>I have been saying on rec.games.mud.* for a long time,  and
>I probably picked it up from others before me, that realism on a mud
>has very little to do with 'as in reality'.

I've always figured that a lot of people say "realism" when they mean
"consistency". Or, to make it more complex and keep it from sounding like
these people don't speak English too good, they mean "realistic given a
sufficiently appropriate version of reality".

>Instead it means that if
>something is true in some part of the game, it should be true every-
>where.  If it does not then there should be a reason for it a player
>can figure out.

"Twice is always" ;)

-----

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu