[MUD-Dev] Combat (very long)

Marian Griffith gryphon at iaehv.nl
Sun Jun 6 13:30:46 CEST 1999

On Thu 03 Jun, Matthew Mihaly wrote:
> At 01:36 AM 6/3/99 -0700, you wrote:

> Again, I emphasize that I'm not insulting you. You've just never been
> exposed to it.

Well, actually you were insulting him. I do believe you did not -mean-
to insult him though.  Please be carefull  with how you phrase things,
especially when you are very passionate about the subject.  It is very
easy to accidentally get condescending or insulting without meaning to
and that, when not prevented, could easily ruin the mood of this list.

Personally I see the point that both of you are trying to make,  and I
believe that both of you are right for your own reasons. It all has to
do with the goal you are trying to achieve with your game. Matt's game
is about skill in using a complicated and confusing set of comands and
Caliban's is much more strategic.  One strives for an adrenaline rush,
and the other is more laid back.

Marian, the peacekeeper.
will there be loneliness ...

Rolan Choosing Talia,