[MUD-Dev] Slogans (Re: [MUD-Dev] Game Economies)

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Sat Jun 5 15:27:11 CEST 1999

On 10:32 AM 6/5/99 +0200, I personally witnessed Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad
jumping up to say:
>Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:
>> On 11:42 PM 6/4/99 +0200, I personally witnessed Ola Fosheim Gr=F8stad
>> jumping up to say:
>> >
>> >the problem isn't fixing the economy, but
>> >keeping... the players happier than when they watch TV.
>>=20
>> I WANT THAT LINE. Can I steal it?
>
>(Don't attribute the typos to me. :^)

(there aren't any typos in that phrase.)

>Are you looking for a slogan?

Kinda sorta, but I'm having trouble condensing that phrase to something
catchy enough to work. I still like that line, and it's going to go
somewhere. I like the philosophy behind it; instead of aiming to be the
best ever recreational activity, it just strives to be better than the most
ubiquitous competitor. ;)

>Be prepared for names and slogans to backfire. =20

Yeah, I've seen that sort of thing happen before... but I'm sure I can come
up with something. In all likelihood, it will be stuffed in a doc file
somewhere, unless I can trim it down to a catchier phrase.

-----

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu