[MUD-Dev] Parsing Text Output

Fri Jun 4 23:20:09 CEST 1999

[Jon A. Lambert:]

> I suppose I may be using a form NLP in another area, that hasn't yet
> been mentioned in these current threads.  I have several 'bots that
> attempt to parse conversation.  My Socrates, for example, is just an
> Eliza clone with his own database.  And I have future plans for a number
> of other 'bots based on different databases and other available AI code.
> I plan to implement a 'bot that acts as a guest tour guide.
> Anyone have thoughts on this area of NLP?

Doing that has been in the back of my mind for a year or two. As usual,
I'll likely never get to it. I happen to think that MUDs, presenting tools
for parsing, a persistent programming language, lots of test subjects
(users), etc., make an excellent test-bed for that sort of thing. Hey,
maybe the world's first true AI will run in a MUD!

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg at ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu