[MUD-Dev] Languages (slightly offtopic, was Text Parsing)

Ben Greear greear at cyberhighway.net
Fri Jun 4 17:14:27 CEST 1999

Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> Well again, it's a matter of seperation of expertise, and of time. I COULD
> code (or pay to have coded) a kick-ass custom client, but it just seems
> like a waste. I'd have to have a java version for the web page
> (incidentally, new users in Achaea never go through MS Telnet. They just
> log in via our java client, which is shitty, but still better than MS
> Telnet), a mac version, a unix version, and a pc version. It just doesn't
> seem worth the effort to me. Maybe I'm being foolish, but our players
> don't seem to care, and I'd rather spend my effort developing the game
> itself.
>
> --matt

The cool thing about java is that it *is* cross platform..for some
value of cross-platform :)

I don't really push Hegemon as a stand-alone client, but it definately
works that way...  Now that the browsers support java pretty well, an
applet is not a bad choice either...

Ben

--
Ben Greear (greear at cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu