[MUD-Dev] Text Parsing

Travis S. Casey efindel at io.com
Thu Jun 3 17:18:13 CEST 1999

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, Matthew Mihaly wrote:

> The idea is to minimize complaints. Why institute a system, such as a
> parser that is mostly consistent with some glaring inconsistencies, that
> will just cause more complaints?

That's what they were saying.  What I'm saying is that, if your goal is to
minimize complaints, you'll get zero complaints about the mud if the mud
doesn't exist.

(Of course, it's only supposition that any given parser would have
"glaring inconsistencies."  Again, you can use whatever parts of the ideas
you want to build your command language.  Thus, you can make it as
consistent or inconsistent as you want.)

--
       |\      _,,,---,,_        Travis S. Casey  <efindel at io.com>

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu