[MUD-Dev] Text Parsing

Koster Koster
Thu Jun 3 09:05:55 CEST 1999

It's a social command, like "hug" and "bow." On Legend anyway it's a popular
"cutesy" greeting to bounce into people's laps...

> >   (HP:100% MA:100% MV:100%)>How do I talk?
> >   'Do I talk?' you howl.
>
> Ooh, that's an evil abbreviation!

Legend does partial matching on all commands. So abbreviations happen
automatically. Often they are infelicitous. This particular command is the
result of catering to roleplayers. Anyone on the list remember the speech
adverb system I described here? Well, the natural extension is to add HOWL,
MUTTER, GRUMBLE, etc etc...

-Raph

MUD-Dev maillist  -  MUD-Dev at kanga.nu