[MUD-Dev] Text Parsing

Jon A. Lambert jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 3 01:54:42 CEST 1999

On 2 Jun 99,, Ben Greear wrote:
> "Koster, Raph" wrote:
>
> > This is a typical log from a total newbie at LegendMUD:
> >
> >   (HP:100% MA:100% MV:100%)>hello
> >   You wave hello to the world!
> >
> >   [Chat] Groth: *bounce* hi hi!
> >
> >   (HP:100% MA:100% MV:100%)>what do I do here?
> >   Huh?
>
> Hrm, wonder if a default that, untill they turned off the flag, would take
> every non-matched input and turn it into a 'say' (or perhaps a special
> newbie channel?)  To cut down on spam for typos...one could turn it off
> permanently after level 2...
>
> That way they could at least ask for help...

Here's a thought.
Include a guest tour module with Hegemon.
Or maybe map some buttons, menus, or keystrokes to server help files
or help chat channels.

--
--*     Jon A. Lambert - TychoMUD Email:jlsysinc at ix.netcom.com             *--
--*     Mud Server Developer's Page <http://pw1.netcom.com/~jlsysinc>      *--