[MUD-Dev] Re: quests involving players

Richard Woolcock KaVir at dial.pipex.com
Fri Jan 29 19:44:40 CET 1999

diablo at best.com wrote:

> I'm thinking of putting in some quests that involve a particular player.

[snip]

Do you mean a specific person, or just any particular player?  If the
system is geared towards someone (or some people) who you know are
reasonably trustworthy then it could work well, but most players WILL
act with favouritism ("Hey Bubba old friend!  Bring me a dead beastly
fido and all these riches shall be yours!").

Perhaps if you coded a set of rules defining quests and implemented
a system of calculating a reasonable reward according to the difficulty
of each particular quest, you might get a fair system that would be
usable by anyone, for anyone.

KaVir.