[MUD-Dev] Re: META: list "peerage"

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jan 26 11:34:06 CET 1999

Well, theoretically, the truly stock muds would not be able to attract
any players.  However, in reality, the stock muds outnumber the "good"
muds by a great deal so that the good ones are _very_ hard to find;
mudlist entries, newsgroup ads etc. all promise originality, whether or
not they deliver.  An estalblished mud can attract players by
reputation, but a "good" mud just getting started doesn't usually have
this resource, leading to a vicious circle (which, if i hadn't lost my
copy of the mud-dev laws of mud design, i would probably find there).
Perhaps there should be some way of showcasing new, original muds, like
a mudlist in which an imp would submit her mud, and a volunteer would
evaluate the mud for uniqueness and non-stock-ness, and write a short
review containing his first impressions.

Excerpts from muddev: 26-Jan-99 [MUD-Dev] Re: META: list "p.. by
"Matthew D. Fuller"@futu